Edit: Just a head's up for everyone offering prizes, submitting entries, and panicking over summer classes: The contest ends in seven days! Please wrap up your entries and submit them to the Spring Contest folder by May 31, 11:59 PM!
The snow melts, the flowers bloom, and the mosquitoes begin to multiply. Life begins again. That’s right, it’s Spring Time!
This year’s Spring Contest will be very similar to last year’s Summer Contest. The only criteria is that it MUST be spring themed. More specifically, canon characters only. No porn. No fetish art. Nothing too gory. Traditional, digital, SFM, fanfiction, cosplay, we'll take it all! If you want to pitch a potential idea to us to make sure it’s okay, send us a WIP, etc, we’d be happy to tell you if that would be accepted or not.
The contest officially begins now! The deadline is May 31, 11:59 PM, 2016 AD!
Once again, we the admins are poor/broke college students and do not have the capacity to hold lavish prizes for winners. As such, we would like to call upon the goodwill and love of the fandom to offer prizes to the winners. Although, as artists, we should strive to improve our craft, receiving a nice prize for awesome work is really cool; and we’d like to deliver on that.
As such, the list of prizes will be updated as people come forth and offer their talents. See below for the current list of prizes.
The number of winners will be determined based on how many entries there are. Last year, we received a little over fifty and thus had five winners. The ratio should remain consistent.
Voting: This will have a new voting system: points! Each voter will have 5 points allocated towards first place, 4 points for second, 3 for third, 2 for fourth, and 1 for fifth. This will give more sway and gravity for the stronger candidates, instead of making a person's opinion on their first place vote equal with their fifth place vote.
1. knives4cash will write a RWBY one shot, canon characters only, for every winner.
2. MoraSanders will draw chibi figures for the first three winners as well as do a watercolor painting for first place!
3. WhiteAerios will fund a non-NSFW commission for each winner! To specify, if you win from first to as far as fifth place, you may contact WhiteArios and tell them what kind of drawing you want from a list of artists WA will provide to you. Once you sort that out, WA will have the selected artist draw it. Expect a range of 25 to 50 USD to be provided for your desired commission.
4. ArkyDevil will provide the following for the potential five winners:
1st prize: Full body OC or canon character, lined and coloured w/simple background and a chibi.
2nd prize: Full body OC or canon character, lined only. And also a chibi.
3rd: Waist design for chosen canon character, coloured
4th: Waist design for chosen canon character, lined only
5th: Bust design for chosen canon character, coloured
5. MetalPorSiempre will feature all winning submissions in their group manga-anime--art.deviantart.co… which has 1,200 members. Free publicity is the best publicity!
6. 10Juu will provide the following!
1st place: a commission of their choice of a character or pairing OC or canon character
2nd place: comm choice of headshot or waist-up, can be an OC or canon character
3rd place: headshot, choice of either OC or canon character
4th place etc: headshot, OC or canon character.
7. keixayaka will provide the following!
1st Place: 5-10 second simple digital animation and a free digital commission.
2nd Place: Less than 5 second simple digital animation and a free digital commission.
3rd Place: One free digital commission.
These will be 2D animations. A truly monumental gift, the first to ever be offered in the entire RWBY group's history!
8. ArtsyNeko-chan will provide the following!
2nd place: half body and full color of any pairing of choice
3rd place: bust shot of any character of choice
4th place: head shot of any character of choice
9. Madbuns will provide the following!
1st place: a colored, full body drawing of any character from any show, canon or OC w/simple color background
2nd place: a colored, half body drawing of any character from any show, canon or OC w/simple color background
3rd place: a colored chibi of any character, any show, canon or OC w/simple color background
Questions, comments, concerns? Ask below!